BlogCatalog Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It! Crazy Stupid Stupid - Blogged

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Banking On Stupidity

At a bank there are a lot of complicated procedures that the layman doesn't understand. Compound interest, adjustable rate mortgages or maybe even banking fees. But I've come across more than a few people that admit they don't know how to fill out a deposit slip.

When I got my first job and started depositing my paychecks, I didn't ask anyone how to fill out a deposit slip. I did something that I don't think many people have figured how to do: read! It told me to list how much cash I wanted, my checks I'm putting in, how much cash I want back and how much to put in the account. It seems so simple!

Is it that there are still so many people out there that are illiterate? Is it that people are lazy and would rather the teller coddle them and fill everything out? Is it that these people are just stupid?

The marketing industry spends vast amounts of money trying to find out what way is the most user-friendly way to do things. Focus groups, surveys, brainstorming -- should we blame marketing for doing such a lousy job at making a simple deposit slip? Maybe the people in marketing have higher than average IQs causing what they produce to be simple for them but complicated for us common people.

I honestly want to know why some people don't know how to fill out a deposit slip! This is a chance for the other side to prove me wrong!

Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory