BlogCatalog Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It! Crazy Stupid Stupid - Blogged

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Drive-Thru Dummy

I used to work in fast food. Not the most glamorous of professions but it paid the bills.
I was in an environment that causes the idiots to flock. The people would pull their cars into the parking lot and leave all traces of common sense in their vehicle. I personally feel that people are more picky about their fast food than they are about their religion. Or maybe fast food was their religion and that's why they were so upset when order a $50 meal in the drive-thru and complained why it took so long to get their food (aha!).
Anyway, one day I was taking orders in drive-thru and one of my customers was a very excited man who had never been in a drive-thru before. I went along with it since it seemed like fun. He ordered his food and then pulled around to the window to pay. One quick swipe of his debit card and he was off to the next window to pick up his food. I yelled to the people at the next window, "this is his first time in a drive-thru!" Once I said that I hear them yell back, "he drove off! He forgot to pick up his food!" Rookie mistake. Why was I not surprised?
A few minutes later he did come back. But only after his stomach said to him, "where's the food, air head?"
How can someone totally miss the reason for their food run? It's like going to the library to check out a book and leaving that book with the librarian at the check out counter. Why?
I have a million stories from fast food. I am likely to share more of them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory