BlogCatalog Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It! Crazy Stupid Stupid - Blogged

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Did I Do That?

I have some fresh stupid! I've been out of town the past week and I've got a humdinger!

Stupid things happen all the time. But what's really stupid is when you catch yourself doing something stupid! Something you thought you would never do. I speak from experience. Here is my story...

We were staying at a hotel some place where I don't know the language. (It's okay, most people there speak English.) We had left our room to get snacks from the vending machine. All was good and well. We had our beverages and our junk food for the evening. We got back in the elevator, pressed a few buttons and started our way up!

The elevator doors opened and we went to our door and tried to open it but it wasn't working. We had trouble with our key cards when we checked in. So naturally I thought something happened again and the card wasn't working. I tried a few more times and it wouldn't work. So my wife tried hers and it still didn't work.

At about this time the door handle started moving by itself. We were both confused. I looked up at the door and saw the number identifying it: 1009. WRONG FLOOR! We were 1109. We ran to the elevators and got in before the person got their door open.

I blame three things: major sleep deprivation, jet lag and the fact that the tenth floor looked just like our floor.

I do want to say sorry to those people who's room we tried to break into thinking it was our own. Hopefully somehow through a cosmic message you will receive this apology. Either that or through Google!

The next evening we were on the other side of the door, quite literally! We were watching a movie on TV when we heard an attempted entry. The door was locked and that latch was able to catch the door if it opened. We were fine. I was waiting to see how quickly they realized they're at the wrong place. Let's just say they caught on quicker than I did! I think they were from a few doors over and possibly may have been a little (or a lot) tipsy.

This situation is not new to me. When my wife and I went to Hawaii someone was determined to believe that our room was their room. I heard a knock on the door. Then there was that moment of who could that possibly be??? I looked through the peephole and saw some lady trying to open the door by the handle. And she wasn't quitting. I decided to open the door (it seemed safe enough). She took about a half step forward and realized it wasn't her room. Without words she looked down to avoid eye contact, turned and continued down the hallway and around the corner. So there I was standing at the open door looking into an empty hallway confused. What are you supposed to do with that?

Can anyone else relate to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory